This Disappears When Logged In

what would be appropriate

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Rakoladycz, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I was curious about getting a boa but im not sure what kind i want. So if anyone could kinda tell me what would be appropriate for my tank so i can look further into that kind.

now the tank i am currently working on and that i have posted about quite a bit is 3 tall 3 wide and 18 inches deep. abotu half of the bottom is a pond and there is a second level and then a third level that is more of a ledge about 18 inches by 18 inches. Now i cant go with a snake that is going to be too heavy because i dont want him too way down the ledges, that are 1 1/2 inch styrofoam. I know that they can take a good bit of weight (20-30lbs) as i have it now but a snake too fat will not be able to lay on the ledges well... Which makes me lean towards a rainbow boa as i know they are a pretty tame size, but i want something that will get a decent length too. the bottom level is only about half land as is the second level but i may end up making this second level bigger so it will have more area but they both have about 3 square feet.

I'm sorry if im not describing the tank well but any suggestions for a snake would be much appreciated at least that way i can look further into them.

2. lizlover5

lizlover5 Well-Known Member

Well, a Rainbow Boa might be your best bet seeing as Im sure the pond makes quite a bit of humidity. They get a decent size and are beautiful animals. Im not sure on the 3' high part, seems like it might be wasted space.

Alex

3. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

The 3' high is devided up into the three levels and then all the way to the bottom of the lowest part of the pond so really each level is only like 10 inches or so. Any inparticular rainbow you would suggest? because i heard that some grow bigger than others.

4. Bighill_Reptiles

Bighill_Reptiles Elite Member

i would go with eather a Gtp or a ATB

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Got any pictures of the tank?

6. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I think a brazilian rainbow boa should be pretty happy in that size of tank, plus they are soooo gorgeous!

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

BRB sounds like a good choice to me as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.