This Disappears When Logged In

What/who keeps you from getting more reptile?

Discussion in 'General' started by T-rex, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Exactly the same for me.

2. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

I think my biggest factor is my kids. The more herps I have, the more time I spend cleaning them etc and the less time I have to devote to my family - mainly my kids.

My middle child is due to start nursery a week today so maybe I will rethink soon but for now, I have sold up most of my clan and just sticking with the chams and frogs and a pair of royals.

3. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Space. After a while you have no space...or time.

4. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

I know in my case it would be space, but somehow Lyn always find a corner somewhere. And what is VACATION anyways! LOL! I could only imagine what my electric bill would be if it wasn't for the animals.

5. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

I live in one of the biggiest vacations spots, so my idea of vacations is avoiding tourists, so it is like a trip to the zoo when I come home. I just don't have the time or money at the moment to drastically expand, I am going one step at a time. Up till now I was moving all the time, and I could never work out a way to keep many animals. I actually settled down because of my animals; and of coarse my other half who would like some kind of stability, so I have to actually buckle down and finish this whole masters thing.

If I had time and a "real job" I would have an extreme collection, but the House of Blues Security pay, research pay, and school bills are pretty much keeping me regulated.

6. anolelover2

anolelover2 Member

time,$moola$, and space

7. Marine

Marine Elite Member

LOL! Lets see, time, money, my husband! I currently have 2.2.1 Ball pythons, 0.2.0 Columbian Redtail Boas, 0.1.0 pastel Columbian Redtail Boa, 0.1.0 Dumerils Boa, 0.0.1 Savannah Monitor, 0.0.2 baby Bearded Dragons, 0.0.1 baby ?Indonesian? Blue Tongue Skink, 1.0.0 Redeared Slider, 1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Slider, 2.0.0 Japanese Fire Belly Newts, 1.0.0 African Pygmy Hedgehog, lots of minows in with the turtles, newts and outside 90 gallon pond (turtles play area, LOL!). And that's all folks...at least for now! ;) I've had several other species of reptiles in the past.

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

For me it's mostly the money. I have more space but the expense of setting up an enclosure and the feeding expense is what holds me back. Not so much the initial cost of the herp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.