This Disappears When Logged In

What Types Of Eggs Are These?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by TortVibe33, Jul 3, 2016.

1. TortVibe33

TortVibe33 New Member

Hello everyone! I was down at the lake and noticed a large hole in the ground that wasn't there a couple days ago. I was looking around and I dug a little deeper and found 5 eggs. I have no idea what kind of eggs these are. I am assuming they are snakes since they are elongated, but can they be turtle eggs? Let me know what you think, also if you possibly know what type of snake or turtle. Thanks much!

Also I don't want to put them back because they might get eaten! I wouldn't want them to be lunch whether they are a snake or turtle!

Attached Files:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You should have never taken the eggs. Those eggs could belong to an endangered species and you just ruined their chances of hatching. There is no way to know what laid those eggs until they hatch. SMH You should have left the eggs alone! SMH

Doodeus Maximus likes this.
  3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. You should not have bothered them and in fact, depending on what species they belong to you may have just committed a federal offense!
    And you expressed concern that they might be eaten. By taking them you just made sure that they would not hatch.

Qwerty3159 and Doodeus Maximus like this.
  4. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

If they're eaten at the lake then they at least go use in the environment. Just taking them makes them go to waste.

5. Romeyrider

Romeyrider Well-Known Member

He was trying to do what he thought was right. But it's always best to let Mother Nature be.