This Disappears When Logged In

What to Do with This Cage?

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by wildheart, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I was planning on turning Forest's old cage on its back so the class is at the top. Then I would have divided it in two, one side for my Bird-eater T and the other for Chacko, my other T, but when we tried it last night I realized it is way to big!:( I will never see my T's!. So I excitedly turned to Craig and said: "That means I can have another snake!:D) He just glared at me and said: "Why dont you just decorate it with plates or something":eek:

Now I am sitting with an empty cage. It is approximately 70 inch high and 28 inch wide (700 x 1.8m)

I will have to work on that husband of mine!:p

Suggestions on a new friend that does not need humidity will be welcome.:)

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

How deep?

3. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Out of my head I honestly do not know. It isn't deep its just high. It looks like my other snake cages, of course empty.
    [​IMG]

So it must be a snake that likes climbing.:)

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Linky we really need to know the size in order to make any serious recommendations.

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I phoned Craig, he says it is 700 wide, 1.8m high and 600 deep, that should be 70 inch high - 28 inch wide and 23 inch deep.

6. schlegelbagel

You could have some really happy Giant Waxy Monkey tree frogs in there ;)

At least that's what I would put in it.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Chameleon perhaps.

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

As much as I LOVE frogs Liz, I have never come across a pet shop over here that sold any!!!:mad: We have actually gone out and tried catching some frogs about a year ago, with no success.:p

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I don`t need high humidity, Linky, can I live there? PLEEEEEZE!

10. schlegelbagel

You would have to find a breeder some where in S. Africa. Not sure.

11. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

We go to our other house 4 to 5 days in a month, sometimes longer. Craig's son does stay at our house during that time and look after my T's and Kings. He only has to replace the water and make sure that the electricity is on. I wont give him more responsibility than that. (Iguana and Dragons goes with me.)

I can't get another pet that requires a lot of attention or humidity because I will be to worried about it while I am gone.

Chameleons require humidity and food everyday, so he will have to come with to Kruger and believe me, there is no more space in the car!:p

12. schlegelbagel

For humidity, I would just stick a cool mist humidifier in there on a timer. Can't be any more easy than that.

13. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

You eat everyday, so sorry, its a no go!:p

14. Sinlightened

Sinlightened Elite Member

I'm not sure about what to put in it.. but it's a beautiful cage! I wouldn't recommend a Chameleon due to it's lack of ventilation. at least from the looks of it, since it seems all glass/wood trim.

15. schlegelbagel

And BTW, frogs don't eat every day (at least adult ones don't). If my neighbor was able to dump pre-set aside crickets twice while I was gone, and mist the tanks, I'm sure you would be fine.

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

For something that won't have to be fed for 5 days at a time you are pretty much limited to snakes.
    With the vertical height orientation, something arboreal.

17. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Phillipine Mangrove Snakes are really nice AND they are arboreal. You would have to check your laws (I don't know anything about South Africa) as it is a MILDLY venomous rear-fanged snake. Mine was wild-caught and once he was medicated for parasites, he has been totally perfect as far as snakes go. They rarely strike, and usually before they do they will pull their heads back and open their mouths to give you a warning. Usually they stop there, mine has only warned me once (right after I got him) after that he settled right down and hasn't done it since. He was fairly easy to convert to f/t rats(only 6 months) and since then he has not looked back. All in all a fantastic snake.

18. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I forgot to add that a picture of mine is in the herp photos section under McConley herp family members. He is the deep black one with thin bright yellow bands. Good luck finding something for your newly vacated cage.

19. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

So after deep consideration I have not made a decision.

Craig informed me this morning that no 48, 22 & 17 nascar Geckos, a Ferrari Tortoise and a bunch of V8 Muscle Monitors will be going in to the cage.:mad::p

It seems like I have lost the battle of the reptiles.:(

(But it's ok, after all he did make Forest's room, all my snake cages, outdoor enclosures and.... and .... and....);)

20. Fern

Fern Well-Known Member

With a cage THAT big you could have a REAL monkey!:D:p. maybe chameleons. I like chameleons. Maybe they need humidity though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.