This Disappears When Logged In

What the Heck? Ratsnake...seeds?

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by zaroba, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

Looked in on my everglades rat and he was sitting in his water bowl. Then saw something floating in it with him. Ccooped it out and it looks sorta like a tiny berry or something. Found 2 more as well.

[​IMG]

All three are about 1/4" in diameter. One is hard and white, the other two are soft and yellowish with colored stuff visible inside.
    Could they be underdeveloped eggs? Could they just be seeds that whatever it ate last had consumed?

This is the guy that...erm...'birthed' them
    [​IMG]
    He's about 4ft long. I don't know how old he is though.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Are you sure its a "he"?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That was my question.
    If it is a "he" than its impossible to be eggs. Try slicing one open and see what is inside.
    And nothing in the way of berries could have survived the digestive system.
    This is outside of anything I have seen.

4. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

No clue if it’s a he or a she actually.

Just tried cutting them open and the yellow ones were too gooey to cut. They were pretty much like small balls of jelly with a white spot at one end. The hard white one was cut able, but it looked the same on the inside as it did on the outside.

So...hmm...maybe it’s a female and they were underdeveloped eggs or something. I just got it last weekend from the reptile show. If she was with a mate prior to the show, could the developing eggs have died due to the stresses put on her from the show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.