This Disappears When Logged In

What Kind of Vitamins?

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Joy81, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

I know that amphibians require a vitamin supplement of some kind. Does anyone know, is a standard reptile multivitamin powder ok, or is there one specific for amphibians?

2. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

Standard stuff should be fine, but I know there's also at least one mix for tree frogs. This is a T-Rex/Repashy product and is all in one because the vitamins come from natural sources, like hempseed ;) , so they don't break down as easily from mineral exposure. And at the very least they're gonna get a nice buzz, so what's to lose?

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I get this
    [​IMG]

I feed my crickets veggies and fruit and cat kibble. If you do this, it really makes any vitamin powder unneeded. Calcium is important, but once a week will do it.

4. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

What is it that you're keeping, Joy?

5. schlegelbagel

She has some baby bullfrog tads. I would add, do NOT give it to tads. More harm than good. Go with some spinach in the water.

6. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

Yeah either ways fine, except I can never find Rep-Cal in Petco.

7. schlegelbagel

Petsmart usually has it. Mostly I just go to my local herp pet shop. Yes I'm lucky like that.

8. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Thanks guys, i was giving it to my toads, but sadly today we are letting them all go. I have to leave town for a funeral, and iI will be gone for a while. But they are fat and sassy, we only had them for a week, so they should be good to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.