This Disappears When Logged In

What Kind of Frog is This?

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Drache Dame, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

this is the only shot i can get. does anyone know what kind of frog this is? my boyfriend says that it's an emerald frog

[​IMG]

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Looks like some sort of bullfrog baby to me. Doesn't look like any of the frogs often called "emerald"

Since I can't tell from the photo, does it have sticky fingers like a tree frog. I'm confused since its face is more bullfrog-ish than treefrog-ish. Do we know where it came from? Is it in a store?

It reminds me of this, but that photo is REALLY hard to tell from.

[​IMG]

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Can you get a shot of the frog from overhead showing its back and a side shot as well?

4. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

it's almost impossible to get any other shot. I was lucky to get this one, because he's in an aquatic tank with african clawed frogs and tadpoles and is usually in the water. He looks alot like that picture, liz. I'm thinking that he was a tadpole that morphed...in which case it would be likely that he's a bullfrog.

5. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

I think I may have something similar. I looked it up on the Michigan DNR website and by all accounts and comparing pics, I believe it is a Pickerel frog. I will post a pic from the DNR website. I can barely get a pic of mine. Hopefully, the pic will be a little better for comparison. I was thinking mine might be a common bullfrog until I noticed the ears are a lot smaller than any bullfrog I've seem. Please let me know if the picture helps..

Attached Files:

6. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

I know nothing really about frogs, but I love them.
    I just wanted to say that I think he's a really cute frog, whatever kind he is. x]]

Good luck on finding out. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.