This Disappears When Logged In

What Kind of Boa??

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by jayssnakes, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayssnakes

jayssnakes New Member

Someone in my area is selling a Female Red tail Boa. She is approximately 2 years old. What i find interesting about her is she does not look like all the other red tails im used to. She has the same patterning as the others but she has a beautiful Blonde or golden color throughout her entire body. instead of the usual brown or greyish color the golden color is the main color on her. They are selling her for $250 which i believe is priced too high but i dont know if shes "special" or not. Is she a different "kind" of red tail boa? is this a special trait? I'm trying not to buy her but everytime I go there it gets harder and harder not to:) Any info/advice would be great. thanks

2. venus

venus Founding Member

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Hello:)

The price you quoted doesn't sound unreasonable to me for a red tail, although I'm not sure what they currently go for in the States...

Be careful and try to get second opinions on her though, as a lot of people try to sell common boas or cross-breeds as true red tails, and they are becoming more and more rare in the captive market due to cross-breeding. If you've found a true red-tail for a good price, and you really want her and are experienced in her care, then go for her! :)

4. jayssnakes

jayssnakes New Member

VENUS,
    she does look like the pictures you posted but where the body is the greyish brown color in your pics hers is an extreme golden color. The patterning is the same but the dominant body color is golden blonde.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If YOU like the color and the patterning then you have to decide if the price is right for you!
    If you like it, have the funds, as well as the capabilities of caring and dealing with a large snake then I say go for it!

6. EdiferiousRex

EdiferiousRex Member

There are two types of redtail, Suriname (BCC) and Columbian BCI that are usually in the trade. A BCI in the states should go for around 100 - 150 depending (More if it is special) and a BCC, well geez...You MIGHT be looking at one if id does look like the one linked in images above, the saddles are different than that of the BCI. Those go for a lot 200-400 I've seen them priced at.

7. joe_crash

joe_crash Active Member

Sounds to me that you might be looking at a Pastel Red Tail Boa. If you can get some pics and post them on here I might be able to help you out more. I always say that if you like it & it seems worth it to you, then go for it Man! try comparing that snake to some other and try to figure out what it might be. Like I said before, it might be a nice morphed pastel you're looking at which would definately make it more valuable. Try looking at kingsnake.com - the information portal for reptile and amphibian hobbyists. in their classifieds to compare other bos to that one.
    Hope this helps,

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.