This Disappears When Logged In

What is the most common herp?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Boyd, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Which herp is most common? Why?

A- snakes
    B- Turtles
    C- newts
    D- salamanders
    E- Frogs

2. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I will go with snakes. IMO they are the least demanding as far as habitat and ongoing care.:p

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Of those choices I'd definately go with snakes. There are a lot of lizards out there too, but seeing as that's not one of the choices, definately snakes. I think its pretty much a fact that there are more captive snakes than the other choices.

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I am in agreement with Fran and Matt! I would say ease of care is the reason.

5. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

I would have to go with snakes! We sure have plenty!

Steven

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Im in with everyone else...snakes

7. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

I disagree. What about those 6 dollar anoles that unintellegent paretns buy for their kids. and the little redeared sliders now dumped into the wild because they don't stay less thna 1 inch forever

8. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

What about them Herpboy?:) Remember, you're living in Florida now. Every freshwater lake in the state (and there are 1000 named lakes here in Lake County) has red eared sliders galore. Come on over here to The Ocala Nat'l Forest, Part of this property alone measuring 100'x200' has to have over 1000 anoles, not taking into consideration the rest of the 5 acres. By the way, both anoles and red eared sliders are native herps to Florida.:D

9. venus

venus Founding Member

I have to go with snakes...:)

10. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

I will have to agree with everyone. Snakes seem to be the most captive kept herp and then I would say frogs after the snakes.

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

11. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

snakes here too although seems just bout every ones going bearded dragon mad to:p

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I too will go with snakes. The popularity is due to the diversity of species, the variety of colors within species and the ease of care once properly set up.

13. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I too considered RES, but decided there are still probably more people keeping snakes than turtles. I would have chosen lizards, like those anoles, but that was not one of the choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.