This Disappears When Logged In

What is the Best Commerical Food for Gator Snapper?

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Dino1, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Dino1

Dino1 Member

I am getting a hatchling alligator snapper. Aside from tiny whole fish my friends recommended Omega One Juvenile Turtle Pellets.
    Any suggestions?

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Processed foods tend to be lower overall quality and nutrition than whole natural foods.

Anything your snapper would normally encounter and eat would be good food.

Any kind of feeder insect, Earthworms, Crawfish and Snails are all good bets. You can also supplement with
    frozen rodents, frozen fowl, etc. Fresh fish (from your local meat market) any freshwater variety will do. Limit seafood from saltwater sources.

mshrmheadcharge likes this.
  3. KJ Rivas

KJ Rivas Member

I raised a baby Alligator snapper by feeding him minnows, small earth worms. As he grew, I added some mealworms on occasion, a few feeder goldfish, and even chunks of chicken and beef. Tokka grew to a carapace length of nine inches, before I packed him up and sent him back to the turtle farm in Missouri where I got him, for release back into the wild. He would not eat commercial turtle food. Photo is of Tokka when he was six inches in length and here he is, patiently wiggling his tongue hoping for something to swim by. Even goldfish went after his tongue!!

Attached Files:

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Mousecicles...