This Disappears When Logged In

What is It?

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by Warlock, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlock

Warlock New Member

I rescued 3 snakes and was told before getting them they were cornsnakes and kingsnakes, but I am not sure what I have. I am new here and not real sure how to post a pic of the new ones, so any help is appreciated. Thanks, Larry

Email removed. Please do not post personal info in open forum.

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am not sure but from what I can seee it looks like one of the kingsnake x cornsnake hybrids. We need a better picture. However if what you have are kingsnakes or kingsnake hybrids you can NOT house them together. Kingsnakes eat snakes!

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

I'm with Merlin one the snake in the first pic, the build of the snake is King but he colors don't quite fit to any I know. The second picture looks like a Pantherophis but is a little to dark in color to fit any form of guttatus unless it's just that it's in the blue. It could be Pantherophis vulpinus or Pantherophis slowinskii.

4. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

I'd have to go with a jungle corn (king snake x corn snake hybrid). The body is more heavily built like a king but you can see the corn snake influence in the face and head. The color pattern seems to match all the normal jungles I've seen also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.