This Disappears When Logged In

What is a Good....

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by agama3000, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

oh no,I would never catch a wild animal...I think this is fine having one shipped
    P.S. I have not even found a lizard where I live,the only thing I find is the average spiders and rabbits

2. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Now that is the BEST thing you have ever said!;):D

3. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

you know what people say"do whats best for the animal and not whats best for you";):)...but I have a problem I can't get any animal right now because the pet shop is shut down and my mom thinks its inhumane to ship an animal:(

4. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Good, now you have time to research, also to make plans about when you move out what you will do with all those pets...

5. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

I only have two pets, a parrot and a cat.

6. Flint

Flint Elite Member

I do hope you can find a suitable tarantula after plenty of research and truly enjoy it :)
    If you appreciate spiders as you say you do, and do your research, I have no doubt you will be an excellent owner.

So I have nothing to say on that. Just wanted to add something to this;

As a matter of fact, spiders are INCREDIBLY fragile. They do have an exoskeleton, and if they were our size they would rule the planet. But I'm referring to their blood.

Idk how far you've gotten in study of biology, but humans have platelets in their blood. Those are what form a clot and scab when we are cut. So we don't bleed to death.

Spiders, have nothing like this. The tiniest cut, and they WILL bleed to death. They are tough, and can be handled, but if you break the skin, there is no hope for the spider.

Just a piece of trivia for your research :)

Good luck finding the perfect arachnid!

7. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

that's good to know

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

It is actually so bad that if a Tarantula falls it breaks into pieces.:( They don't have webbing to stop their fall like other spiders.

9. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

who posted that...if so it is so bad...

10. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Nobody posted it, I have seen it happen.:(

11. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

if it is purposely it is really bad to get one to kill it and if it is not it is bad because you should of know not to put you r T in danger from holding it or any thing:(

12. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Yes agama, it is the people who wants to show off how they are not scared to hold a T! They are so into themselves that they do not for one moment think of the safety of the tarantula.:( Like I said, Tarantulas are extremely fast, they run at short bursts and then have to stop to take a breath. They cant breath while running.;)

If you have to handle a tarantula you need to do it by sitting on the ground. For this same reason a terrestrial or borrowing tarantula must not have height to their cages. You fill the cage up to almost the top with peat, moss and vermicelli.

13. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

yes that is what I would do if I handled a T ...on the ground...but are they safe to handle for their sake or mine

14. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

The only reason to hold a T is for yourself, the T doesn't really want you to

15. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

No they are not safe to handle, they get stressed very easily. The only time that I handle my T's is when it is cleaning time and even then I only touch them if I really have to. For instance my 'birdeater', she is just too big to guide into a bucket that will fit into her cage. I lift her out and put her in the bucket, my husband nearly has a heart attack every time that he sees it.:D

16. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

can they get aggressive if I continuously take them out...you do where gloves right

17. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

No I do not use gloves and why would you want to continuously take them out? You should NOT take them out unless if there is a problem!

18. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

I should re word it, if you take them out to much will they get aggressive...I wasn't saying I would though,I was just wondering

19. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Again, don't take them out. They are aggressive by nature, there are a few that are docile.

20. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

ok ,that answered my question:);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.