This Disappears When Logged In

What in the world is he???

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by backwardcinderella, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backwardcinderella

backwardcinderella New Member

My uncle found this little guy in his garage... Almost ran over him, in fact... Well, he didn't want to keep him, and me being the one to whom everyone brings unwanted strays, well, he's come to live with me today. I know enough about turtles and tortoises to know what they eat and if they're male or female... we had a desert tortoise when I was a kid.
    Anyway, I've never seen one like him, and I can't find anything on google or anywhere else on what he may be... Here's a picture of him. I apologize in advance for the poor quality, the only camera I have is on my phone. If you need a better one, let me know, and I'll try to borrow a camera.
    My name is Typhanie, by the way. Hi.

[​IMG]

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi....looks like a hockey puck to me :) I'm just teasing, I have no idea what it is though....

Telling us where you live might help someone ID it though....there re usually very strict laws about removing torts from the wild so you might have to call fish and wildlife to find out what to do with him.

3. backwardcinderella

I live in Glendale, AZ. I don't think he's wild... He likes people, which I though was strange, our last little guy didn't want anything to do with us.

4. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Still doesn't rule out him/her being wild. You should check with the local authorities. If he's a non-native species, they'll probably be more than happy to leave him/her with you. :)

5. backwardcinderella

I'll do that in the morning.

6. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to HC Network....cute little guy...hope you can ID him/her!!

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Hi and welcome! good luck with your little dude. I agree with Lacey! Looks like a hockey puck!

8. venus

venus Founding Member

Very cute indeed :D....Welcome to Herpcenter.

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Can you possibly post a clearer picture ? from above, below, the head and tail ?

10. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Hey! That's my name!

:)

Welcome. It should be interesting having someone with my name around. Up until a year or two ago, it was virtually impossible to find someone who spelled it that way. Suddenly there are dozens of us. :D

I hope you get and identification on the little guy. The picture's a little hard for us to tell what it is. The wildlife commission should be able to help.

11. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

It's kind of tough from the picture but based off what little I can tell. It could be a species of gofer turtle their known to live in your area and dig long burrows up to 10 Meters to keep cool in summer.

12. delicious

delicious New Member

13. kratos

kratos Well-Known Member

Welcome. And yes that's a cute little hocky puck you got there.

14. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Locked, this post is from last October. Please pay attention to the dates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.