This Disappears When Logged In

What I Got at the Expo (warning- Cute Hoggie)!

Discussion in 'Hognose Snakes' started by skelly98, Sep 16, 2012.

1. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

photo 4.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 3.jpg

so, first up i apologize for not posting for the last two weeks, i have come down with a virus and been unable to post. now that i'm better, i caught the crbe expo, and got a 1:3 group of asf rats (nobody has these where i live, so i thought i might try my hand at breeding, and if it dosent work out, i just gas them and my python gets some soft serve :3) so here's some pictures of my new hoggie (thanks for the advice, this snake is the most inteligent reptile i have ever seen), and my soft-serve python food factory :D

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Why are you calling the rats soft serve?
    I like the pattern on the snake.

3. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

they are african soft furred rats, the natural prey of ball pythons and the softest thing you will ever feel. bitey and untrainable, i feel no guilt about gassing these and feeding them to snakes :D

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Oh I was thinking it might have to do with bone density, your answer makes more sense.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Definitely a gorgeous Hognose! They are just too cute, so I am Very jealous :)

6. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

yeah, i love him :D his name is wilbur, and he seems to want to play with me...must....resist...handling.... :p

7. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Haha at first glance I thought they were possums. Cool snake though!

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great name! :) Loved that movie

9. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

got a video, any criticisim to my habitats just shout :D

[video=youtube;aSkpFzAwZZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSkpFzAwZZY[/video]

10. PMC

PMC Well-Known Member

We have Hognose living in our front yard! I think they are very smart. :)

11. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Great looking snake! I love hoggies!

12. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

thanks :D and i know, this snake has to be the most aware reptile i own so far :) love this guy so far, hopefully he never mistakes my hand for food, i'm not too keen on the venom making me swell lol....