This Disappears When Logged In

What Happened to Spiro?

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by skelly98, Sep 1, 2012.

1. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

alright, so i have some bad news.... spiro, my baby kenyan sand boa, has passed.

i do not know what may have caused it. the temperatures on the cool side were about 85, and about 95 on the hot side. the humidity is about 50% today, but i have not seen any signs of respiratory infection, nor any other illness. when i went to bed at around nine, he was just finished exploring his cage and crawling into the substrate for a nap.

now, this morning, i noticed he was not out for his morning exploration, and i was eager to see him, so i sifted through the substrate to find... a half stiff, half limp dead spiro. he was on the hot side, and did not look dehydrated or physically injured at all.

i left him in the tank because i'm hoping he might just be paralysed and will start slithering again, but this is probably just my overly-hopeful thinking again, as he does not appear to be breathing.

does anyone know what this could be? what do you think happened? sorry for the bad spelling, i am still shaking from the shock of finding her dead....

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Sometimes they just don't thrive. I had the same thing happen to a cornsnake. I thought he was healthy, eating etc and I found him dead one morning.

I am sorry for your loss :( It's never easy to say good bye to a pet.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss.

5. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I'm sorry for your loss! :(

6. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

Thanks everyone... the only thing is, i have not even the faintest idea of what may have caused this. i'm gonna miss the little guy whatever happened....

7. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

How long did you have him?

Was he growing?

8. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

not sure if he was growing, and about a month. what do you think it could be?

edit

i think she did grow, just because i remember her being smaller in the deli cup i got her in....

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What about contacting the place where you got her!
    SandBoaMorphs is another place to ask questions about what may have happened.