This Disappears When Logged In

What Got Me Started...

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by OK_PLAY3R, May 19, 2016.

1. OK_PLAY3R

OK_PLAY3R Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg I was at my girlfriends one day and saw a Tokay that must've been attacked by a cat or Raccoon an was gettin eaten alive by fire ants. image.jpeg image.jpeg Meanie hissed and snapped at me but I took it in. Lived for about a week in a tank I set up, seemed to have passed when I got home one day. Yeah, but that's how it started. Here's some pics of the Tokay! One day when I get more experience maybe a Tokay would be my buddy, but I dunno about dealing with a healthy bugger just yet. Cresties and Leos for now. Cheers!

2. to hide this ad.
  3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Circle of life can be cruel at times for sure.

4. OK_PLAY3R

OK_PLAY3R Member

It really can be :(

There are tons of Tokays in my neighborhood and I have mixed feelings about them. It kind of makes me feel good that the native species can fight back. But then again what killed it was probably just as invasive as the red ants attacking it. Oh well they are pretty. There's one over a foot long by my garage, I'll take a pic next time I see!

5. Reaver07

Reaver07 Member

Where do you live that there's Tokay's running wild! Lol

6. OK_PLAY3R

OK_PLAY3R Member

Tampa Florida of course! Nearly everything in FL is invasive...it's a shame. Between Tokays, Cuban Anoles and House Geckos you rarely ever see the Florida Chameleon or Green Anole anymore.

7. Reaver07

Reaver07 Member

Wow when I was a kid all there was ,was anoles every where never heard of Florida chameleon...Huh cool have to research. Tokay's are pretty cool though

8. OK_PLAY3R

OK_PLAY3R Member

I was wrong about the Chameleon. There are no native Chameleons in Florida!! Oops learning try day. There's also Iguanas running around...Floridas natives aren't doing too hot.

9. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

There aren't chameleons in Florida but the native green anole is often called a chameleon because they can change from green to dull brown.
    The non native brown anole is much more common in Florida now, though.