This Disappears When Logged In

What frog is this?

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Sphinx, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sphinx

Sphinx Elite Member

I found this little frog that is about the size of my thumb in the basement of my fiance's parents house. I am inclined to think that it is a cuban tree frog but I didn't think they were as far north as Missouri. Please tell me what this cute little thing is!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I personally don't know what species that is, but I do agree that he is a cute little thing. lol

3. venus

venus Founding Member

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

hmmm, how big is he? and I think Spring Peeper too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Elite Member

I think he is about a quarter inch right now. They aren't supposed to get very big according to the site. But I think I have a frog like the one in your picture... the pet store I bought it from said it was a golden tree frog but I have also seen them as Asian flying frogs. All of these frogs look so much alike!

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Elite Member

Ah ha! Here is the pic of my golden tree frog/ asian flying frog that looks like the peeper but is alot bigger...

[​IMG]

I wish frogs came with labels. Your other frog may be a cuban which is what I thought the little peeper was at first. I'm very confused now.

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

the first one was a spring peeper the 2nd one was the Northern Spring peeper, which seems to match what you have, and is also in Venus' link.

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I too would say a Norther Spring Peeper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.