This Disappears When Logged In

What Food is Best to Feed a Sulcata

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by hypma, Feb 5, 2011.

1. hypma

hypma New Member

I have a baby sulcata and I read so many different things on what I should and should not be feeding my baby. I love him so much already and do not want to harm him or cheat him out of anything that he may be missing out on. Any and all input is appreciated Thanks
    Heather

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

HI, Welcome to the site!
    Sorry I can't help you with your questions, but i'm sure that a member who in familiar with Sulcatas will be by to give you the information you're looking for.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

4. miw

miw New Member

I live in arizona too and have a 20 pound sulcata. I have been feeding mine Timothy hay, orchard grass and organic dandelions which you can get from Albertson, Frys or sprouts. I let my hay soak and mix with dandelions and he is doing great.

5. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

also you might want to look into dark leafy greens as well -- such as collard kale and mustard. these are great supplements to the staples aforementioned. Make sure your torty gets plenty of uv and calcium as well!

6. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

If you have a yard to grow plants in, here is a great site that help you out:

Tortoise Food, Turtle Food, Lizard Food, supplies and more at TurtleStuff.Com

They have a lot of custom blends of grasses and "weeds" you can grow. I have yet to use them but I plan to very soon. I'm revamping my backyard (also in AZ!) to house pancake tortoises and Uromastyx.

There are so many things you can grow for them if you have the space (which you should if you have a sulcata)!