This Disappears When Logged In

What Flouresents should i get?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Jade, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

I go with my dad to lowes and homedepot farely often and i need to start getting more flouresent fixtures , and brands or types that are better to use than others, i want something afordable so i can get as many as i need but i dont want them to be junk. and i've found that some fixtures wont even light up my UVB bulbs, i have three fixtures already that wont light reptile bulbs

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

If you can, go for the water proof ones, I use them and never had a problem with them, and it protects them from spraying, heres a pic of one end of mine in the beardies tank, they are just two rubber holders on each end, and they hold any length of tube.

They are made by Arcadia, (Arcadia Flourecent lighting controllers)

[​IMG]

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Jade the ones I get are Lights of America brand. They are inexpensive and light the UVs just fine.
    Donna those caps may be something exclusive to the UK. I don't beleive I have ever seen them over here.

4. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Hi, the one that Donna is referring to was origionaly marketed for aquarium usge, where the tube then clips in to the hood....the nearest thing I can find that is similar on your side of the pond is CLICK HERE ...bit more expensive, but it does hold 4 tubes.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

WOW! $169!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    I think I will stick to my 10 dollar shop lights! ;) :D

6. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

I am with merlin here I use the lights of america floruescents and never had a problem with them.

7. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

Ok i guess lights of america it is
    those rubber caps look pretty cool though, how much do those cost you?

8. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Yeah it is pricey!! They are a lot cheaper here....I'm sure if you shopped around then you would find something similar for cheaper....but I guess you can't argue with $10 :)

They are £14....which is about $28....man the exchange rate is good!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.