This Disappears When Logged In

What else Could I Use for Snake Cages?

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by mitch303, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitch303

mitch303 Member

so i have 3 snakes a blood python, a regular ball and a pinstripe ball. right now i am using the bark as substrate and wantn to find something a little easier to clean and replace. Could i use paper towel or something similar?also is it necessary to have all the plants and decorations in the cage or could i just get by with 2 hides and a water bowl?

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

News paper, paper towel, shredded paper all work fine.
    Decorations are totally up to you. I just buy plants at the dollar stores and use them. If they get gross you can toss them :)

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

You can use newspaper, papertowels its a personal choice. I personally hated newspaper and papertowels. Decorations are not needed however if the snakes are climbers I put in driftwood. I go to a river that usually floods and get it for free. For my larger tanks 75 gall and up I use kitty litter box's ($3 at dollar store) for water and cardboard boxes for hides. Since I save on those is why I get nicer bedding. Order bulk or online to save $$ and gas!

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I can't wait for the snow and ice are gone so I can go collect drift wood! I hope to find some smaller pieces so I can have some in each bin. Plus something big for the bigger tanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.