This Disappears When Logged In

What does a really big spider eat?

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Og_, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

[​IMG]

Any questions?

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

OOO poor baby.... My Mexican Redknee will take a rat pink but not a fuzzy or hopper....hee hee....people get so freaked out when I say I have spiders and I HOLD them ....

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

*shudder*

4. nicole

nicole Elite Member

*runs and screams like a girl*

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Wouldn't the punch line be,...
    Anything it wants!:cool:

6. venus

venus Founding Member

It actually looks like it is cuddleing the mouse, lol.

7. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I'm not sure why people get upset about a spider eating a cuddly, furry little mouse. The spider is cuddly and furry too! :D

I think it's pretty interesting, actually. Some spiders eat small birds.

8. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

HeeHeeHeeHeeHee (Evil Laugh)!
    That was a pic of a "Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula" (T. Blondi)
    Woo Hoo, I've never heard of anyone cuddling up to an aggressive Tarantula sporting 1 and 1/2 inch fangs!

I don't keep my spider for sentimental reasons. I keep it because watching him feed right before my eyes is far better than watching it on Animal Planet!

Here's a before and after shot.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

And After
    [​IMG]

The little white ball is all that's left.

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

:eek: :eek: I still cant get over my fear of spiders, I try but to no avail. Thta is a creepy looking spider, I would have a coronary if I ever saw that in person, lol. I think it is awesome though that there are so many people who enjoy them. Maybe one day i will get over it, lol

10. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well, I'll tell ya, I keep it in a 10 Gallon tank with a slide on screen top! It can't get out unless it can chew through steel!

11. nicole

nicole Elite Member

My luck I would get one that could chew through steel, and then wake up with it right smack in the middle of my face:eek: lol

12. RES/AnoleLover89

RES/AnoleLover89 Elite Member

hehe, they may not be able to chew through steel. but did you guys know spider silk is five times stronger than a steel wire of the same diameter?

13. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

Nice Goliath. I've even got my Chilean Rosehair to take a pinkie once, though unfortunately I didn't get a pic. I just can't get over what a awesome show they put on when they first get it. YAY!

14. kelly

kelly hi!

DITTO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well, Spiders kill their prey rather quickly with venom.
    A carnivore lizard like a savannah monitor takes more time.

16. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I miss my t. blondi *pouts*
    Awesome pic!!

17. Fanner

Fanner Elite Member

My luck, a really big spider would try to eat me :eek: I can't get any more exotic than lizards, I guess. Dumb question: do they actually catch the mouse and then inject it? Or was that a frozen mouse.....? Did it have to be really hungry to go after that? I know nothing about spiders, except what I can observe in my basement:) I have had snakes and watched them eat before, and they have to really move to get them. Obviously, a question from a non-spider person ;)

18. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Sorry to take so much time getting back to you. That was a live mouse.
    A Tarantula will eat as much as it needs to. The last feeding ended up with a half eaten bloody mess. So now I'm offering smaller meals.
    They inject them with venom which breaks down the animal for consumpton. they have a mouth with no teeth to chew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.