This Disappears When Logged In

What Can Live in This.

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by missa6849, Apr 6, 2010.

1. missa6849

missa6849 Guest

So Im looking at getting either a Crested Gecko, Bearded Dragon, or some type of toads, or possibly Whites Tree Frogs.

The dimensions of the item of furniture selected for use are:

3'5" L x 1'3" W x 1'5" H

It would be glass on all 4 sides. And substrate/tile or glass floor. Depending On what would live best in this enclosure for a permenent home.

I just dont know what i want. So im sorta letting space provided decide.

Someone please help out a newly addicted reptile/amphibian lover... but I just cant handle the snakes and spiders. Like any other typical girl that dislikes creepy crawlies :)

2. venus

venus Founding Member

I think it would have to be some kind of frog, research tomato frogs, they are really cute. Its not nearly big enough for a bearded dragon nor tall enough for a crested..

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I think you are looking at toads - there are lots to choose from here.

Cresties and tree frogs need height.

Can it hold water?

4. missa6849

missa6849 Guest

Yeah I can make it water proof.

I was looking around and am leaning towards the pacman frog. How many would I be able to have in there?

5. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Could you modify it and turn it on end and make it...3'5"H x 1'3"W x 1'5" depth(front to back)? That way you could get tree frogs or cresties.

6. missa6849

missa6849 Guest

The bf and I were talking last night about turning it sideways. Ill talk to him a little bit more tonight because he is going to be helping me build it.

7. missa6849

missa6849 Guest

Ok so its a no go trying to turn it sideways so that its sittin tall.

Tonight we went to Pet Smart and were looking at the Leo's. Im set on them and Im going to read up on them tonight, but I was wondering if they are agressive?

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Leos are one of the most handleable lizards.
    They can be aggressive to each other so you only want one.

9. missa6849

missa6849 Guest

Ok then, Im gonna get a Leo once its home is ready. Thank you everyone for the answers.

10. josh94

josh94 Well-Known Member

If its glass on all 4 sides i think you should cover up one of the larger sides so the leo's less stressed

11. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

pacman's aren't social, and one will end up eating the other. Did I do the math right? Roughly 50 gallons? You could have a few tomato frogs, 5 fire bellied toads, a pyxie frog.... a land based frog, not a tree frog.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its a touch over 45 gallons. But it is definately an odd sized unit.