This Disappears When Logged In

What Can I Do with This Tank??

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by IamBen, Oct 13, 2012.

1. IamBen

IamBen Member

I have a small tank (20" long x 10" wide x 13" tall) and I don't know what to do with it. Any kinds of reptiles I could house in it? It seems as though it'd be too small for anything other than a baby lizard of some sort. Not currently keeping any lizards at the moment and sold off my larger tank (shouldn't have). I'd like to keep something in it but if there's no species that'll fit it I'll simply sell this one off and buy a larger sized cage.

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

You have a 10 gallon tank. It's good for a baby colubrid(cornsnake, king snake etc), a baby leopard gecko, a good feeder tank (I use 10 gals as nursery tanks for my mice and I have one with superworms in it). If your ok with upgrading a lizard or a snake then it would make a good starter home.

3. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

In addition to the above ^ - I use my 10gal as a cricket breeding tank. Otherwise, I believe panther geckos do well in a 10gal.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

1-2 fire belly toads or some crabs would fit in a 10g...I had 6 fire bellys in a 10g for 2 days and that was too many but of you only did a couple that wouldn't be bad. And they are low maintenance.

5. IamBen

IamBen Member

Hm, never thought about toads... What about an emporer scorpion? Would they do well in something this size?

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yes if you only have one.
    I think tarantulas can also be in a 10g but not sure on that.

7. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

A few species can! Like rose hairs!

8. king1239

king1239 Elite Member

a garter snake can live in a 10 gallon for its whole life . =)

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I would sell it and get a larger one, then you can get what you want!