This Disappears When Logged In

What a Deal!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Jem_Scout, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

After the dr and the vet run this morning we had to go pick up a Ball Python that a lady was selling for 80 dollars. She used to take him to childrens parties and to schools so the kids can learn about snakes from someone who knows about them. This was her home based business but with 4 kids she ran out of time.....(her words)
    Ivan (the BP) is about 3 1/2-4 ft long. Kind of head shy but that's only if you come up over his head. Otherwise he's really mellow! She had him in a 20 high aquarium that was just TOO small! But I have bigger tanks for him :)
    Here is the great deal we got with him...
    2--20 gallon tanks, dbl stand, and a 30 long tank, all have working heat mats, reptile covers, lights, heat rocks with thermostats and a half dozen frozen rats.
    THEN we get home and my friend stops over as we are emptying the truck and asks what we are doing.... Then she tells us she has tanks at home that she's not using and we can have all the tanks she has if we pick them up. Well, of course we ate lunch and left for her place :p She gave us 3 10's (without tops) and a 40 gallon tank with reptile top, heat mat and light.
    Ivan and the rest of the snakes (2 BP and a corn) will be shifted into other tanks and the rats will be moved around too so everyone has the best sized tank for them to be in.

So after my bad day yesterday, at least something good happened today :)

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

WoooHoooo!!!!

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Way to go Jem...now (brain storming) what to put in the empty tanks. ;)

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

WTG jem, you lucky so so, i could do with a few spare tanks right now :D

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

With 10 breeder rats, I'm sure I won't be having very many empty tanks for long! LOL
    I also have my eye on a charcoal corn too :p
    Hubby is gonna kill me! LOL
    If any of you live in WI, let me know...we can trade/barter stuff! :)

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

How come everyone else always catches the good deals, but never me! :mad: lol, oh well. Good deal Jem!

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

wow that really is a great deal! what a great day for you! congratulations. :D

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like you had a great day and wonderful find!
    See the universe does balance things out!

But it DOES open up potential for domestic conflict! ;)

Does hubby like any herps?

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

awesome deal,,,,,now you need to fill those tanks !!!

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Merlin...hubby likes herps as long as they don't get HUGE! He was surprised that Ivan (new BP) was that big but he's ok with him and everything as long as he doesn't get them forced onto him or have to take care of them :p
    He saw a picture of a full grown RTB and he freaked!! So, I didn't get the boa but that's ok...I decided that if I can't handle the snake on my own, then I shouldn't have a snake that huge. I'll watch YOUR baby RTB grow up ok? :)
    Hubby will hold the other BP's and doesn't have a problem...he's just not a herp freak like I am! lol

11. cman

cman Elite Member

lucky

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Jem,,,,you never know,,,,my wife was anti-herp for years. now i come home from work and she's cuddling on the bed watching oprah with either our Okeetee or BP. I think herps just mezermise people, and once they get over the initial fear they find them quite fascinating

13. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

He's coming around Ken :) He will hold them while I clean the tanks and stuff but he just isn't so nuts over them like I am :p

As for the rats, he won't get near them if they are outside of their tanks! LOL

14. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Fear of rodents but he'll hold the snales,,,,,,LMAO

15. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I never said the guy was "normal" :p LOL
    He says I'm weird ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.