This Disappears When Logged In

What a deal!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gwen, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen

Gwen Member

You guys won't belive what a GREAT deal I got yesterday. Ok I'm listening to music when my spanish teacher calls, I think he's calling becasue I'm failing or something ((usually thats the only time teachers call)) but it turns out his nephew in law has a 55gal tank he wants to get rid of. SO he asks me if I want, of course I said yes. I only have to pay $20. Now thats a good deal! But it gets better!!! When he comes to my house to drop it off, he brings an oak stand, 2 undergravel filters, a bubbler and a whole bunch of decorations! I got all this for $20! Now my african sideneck, Oscar, will have a HUGE new home =) Moral: It pays tyo let everyone know how much you love herps, you never might know what will come out of it!

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

cooooool !!!! have fun with the new viv,,,,,and get us some pictures

3. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Wow Gwen you really lucked out! Oscar is going to be very happy!

4. matt

matt Member

How lucky, it's not everyday you come across a deal like that. please post some pics.

5. Gwen

Gwen Member

I'll post pics as soon as I get it set up =) Sadly that won't be for 2-3 mo, it's going in storage untill we move =( But Oscars not the only one getting a bigger home lol :D

6. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Wow! Congrats to all of you, then! New homes all around! I'd love to get my hands on a deal like that. If you find any more 55 gal tanks coming your way, let me know? ;)

7. matt

matt Member

A big congrats to you for your new home!!! :D :D :D

8. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Lucky Girl

I know the feeling about teachers calling all I have to say is that I wish when my teachers called it was news like that. I cant wait too see pics! My wd and I are jelous!

9. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Wow, that IS good news. Nice work! I got a great deal on the latest Blood Python I bought a few weeks ago. A beautiful, Malasian Red Blood for $125. That is a steal! She was in great health, and didnt even have the incubation scar that some snakes are prone to getting. Beautiful pattern, too. Eats like a champ!

10. Gwen

Gwen Member

Thats a beautiful snake you got!!! Your good deal is more exciting then mine, yours is alive lol :p I've always wanted a python since like 5th grade, but my mom is deathly affraid of snakes and shes scared to death of pythons, so it looks like I have to wait a while :( Good luck with your new snake =)

11. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Thank you for the compliment on my snake. I think shes gorgeous as well. If you do want a python, I would not recommend starting with a Blood like mine. At least, not unless you have a couple of years under your belt with snakes. A Ball Python would be more appropriate for a first timer, bc they have feeding challenges too! (Among other things).

But hey, if you ever have your mind set on a Blood, I'll give you all the help I can!!! You can count on that. Just be prepared for some stress from these finicky guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.