This Disappears When Logged In

Western Diamondback Rattler

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by BrianS, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Here is the C atrox I had given to me at an Expo about a month ago. It is about a foot long.

Attached Files:

2. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

Ooooooo...... pretty! I want I want I want!

What do you feed him? What's the enclosure like?

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Beautiful snake!

Does he still have his venom?

Do you guys have the same rules and regulations over there about owning venomous? -we have to have licences, and there are strict rules about types of enclosures, security, etc.

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

He's very handsome!! Is he nippy?
    My hubby would FREAK if I brought home a snake like that! :p

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ummmmm Jem,....its a rattlesnake!

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Gorgeous little snake!

7. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

I have been giving it a half grown mouse every 7-10 days. It still has its venom and is very nippy. I won't put my hand in with it for anything in the world lol.
    I am keeping it in a 15 gal tank with locking screen lids. I wouldn't want this one getting out :eek:
    It is not the most venomous animal I have. I have 5 scorpions that drop for drop are many times more toxic.
    Here is the story behind this....
    I had gone to a reptile show to get some more tarantulas and scorpions. Which I also found my lovely cornsnake there. Well anyway, when I was leaving this guy was trying to get back in to return this rattler. It seems his girlfriend was quite upset with him for getting it. He asked me if I wanted it. Silly me said yes :eek: . So that is how I acquired this snake. I have now had it for a month or so. Not sure yet if I will keep it or not though. I am wanting to get more into the cornsnakes,kingsnakes and milksnakes. I have been looking at a beautiful Cal Kingsnake at a local pet shop. Of course a Hondo Milksnake would be hard to turn down as well lol.

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

No fair! How come nobody ever offers me free herps? And a rattler at that! I'm green with envy :D

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

10. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Does s/he rattle often? Do you know the sex? How old is it approximately? Sorry about the rattling question but I have a bullsnake who pretends she's a rattler plus I've met a couple of captive rattlers and I just find the whole rattling thing intriguing ;) The only thing I enjoy more than rattling is a good hiss :p

11. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

rattlin answers for rattlin questions lol ;)

The only time it rattles at me is during feeding time. After it tags and eats a mouse it is agressive for awhile.
    According to the container it came in it is a female born on Aug 20th of this year. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.