This Disappears When Logged In

well, we need a thread in here and i have a question

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Python John, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python John

Python John Elite Member

for rosy boas, what should the humidity be? i have read all about them, and i have yet to seen the humidity. also, its true that they can live in a ten gallon, right? thatd be great, cuz i have an empty ten gallon with a snakes name written alll over it

2. Python John

Python John Elite Member

ok, i was looking around online some more, and i read somethign that wasnt too clear, but i think it meant that the humidity is suposed to be 60%? anyone know if its true?

also, i have been hearing to have them in 20gl. but i have also heard a 10gl. would be acurate too, i have a ten gl., and dont know which would be acurate for one.

thanks

-john

3. Amber

Amber Elite Member

I don't knoe exactly what their humidity should be, but I think it should be a LOT lower than 60%

:)

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

i agree....i have reptile usa magazine at home (i'm at work now) and it has a great article on rosy boas with the basic care sheet. when i get home i'll check it out and re-post

5. Python John

Python John Elite Member

i think i have the same magazine that you have, and i have been, and am looking at right now, but i cant see anything about humidity

6. Python John

Python John Elite Member

well, ive found out more on my good friend called Google. they can be housed in a ten gl, but when they are older a 20gl. so iwas just thinking of getting a 20gl right away when i can, and then the snake.

and they said low humidity.

but, when he/she is in shed cycle, should i raise the humdity, like other snakes, or should i just leave it at what it is?

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

we allways up the humidity when tolkien sheds....just a little misting,,,and his sheds are allways full and fast !!!

8. Amber

Amber Elite Member

With my Kenyan sand boa (which is needs low humidity like rosy boas) I just give him a humid hide, I don't think you should mist it.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Considering the type of habitat they live in and everything I have read regarding keeping them dry and with very good ventilation I would go with the humid hide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.