This Disappears When Logged In

Well this is nice.

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by MoogleBass, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Introduced Version, Senate Bill 0482

Senate Bill 0482

So this means i cant even own any freaking snake. :mad: Im a bit mad right now about this and hope peta and the humane society rot. The only reason there is this is because of people getting killed by their snake. Snakes kill maybe 1 or 3 people a year compared to dogs..I say we ban all known dogs that are attakers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. The D

The D Mango Empress

is that bill saying you need to have a permit to keep exotics? or is it a ban on them all together in civilian homes?

3. MoogleBass

You need to pay $100 fee for the permit. I just find it a utter piece of bull crap.

4. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Is that fee per animal or per home. Because a one time fee, while inconvenient, isn't really that bad, but if it's a fee per animal or per year, than that is expensive and unneccesary.

I have to say, if they had fees for pet ownership period, there probably wouldn't be as many abused animals. And I'd bet that people would think twice before buying their toddler that "cute little lizard" if it came with an extra $100 fine.

I can see the logic in it if it is a one time ownership fee. Even though it sucks to have to pay even more to have your pet.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That's like up here. You need a dog license which I totally understand but don't need a cat license. There's so many flea-bitten cats around my sling-shot is worn out.

6. MoogleBass

Its every prohibited animal. My case snakes over 6 ft.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

About a 1/2 hour from me there's a county that prohibits any snake that will reach over 6 ft in adulthood and any reptile that will reach over 4 ft in adulthood.

8. inkman

inkman Elite Member

it seems this will be a pretty loose law, i dont think it is likely for an officer to come nocking on your door asking for permits of animals he cant see with out comming in your house

9. MoogleBass

Ya, but they would be at the reptile show would they not?

10. inkman

inkman Elite Member

probably but I think there would be some kind of stipulation allowing you to purchase the animal, without a permit, but with the stipulation that you will get one in a certaint period of time, besides rules are ment to be broken, if you must you will find a loop hole

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And any of your "friends" who know about them and get mad at you could simply make a phone call. And what happens if the animal gets sick? You can't take a prohibited animal to the vet without it raising some questions.

There are more and more of these type laws being implemented around the country. That is why I cringe when i see a news report showing, or personally see, someone doing something stupid with a reptile pet.

12. inkman

inkman Elite Member

I agree, I just dont understand why the laws must get so stiff, if you are a responsible owner, you get affected by laws ment for those who are not responsible, NOT FAIR

13. MoogleBass

Nice thing about retics wont be gettign sick anytime soon lol. Ya all cause theres some stupid keepers it hurts the ones who mean well

14. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

What state is this for? Or is it for the whole USA?

15. MoogleBass

Its for Indiana where I live.

16. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

That is a realy pain, Maryland has odd laws like that, but they are never enforced. The only one that is currently upheld regards Snakehead Fish. There are all kinds of odd laws. That is the one advantage to living in SC, you can get away with just about anything, as far as I know, there are no laws regarding keeping of herps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.