This Disappears When Logged In

Weight

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by SomeLizardsInABucket, Oct 10, 2017.

1. SomeLizardsInABucket

SomeLizardsInABucket Well-Known Member

Nagini hasn't eaten for months. I know it's common for ball pythons to go long periods of time before eating, but the baby ball I had before her stopped eating and died, which is why I worry so much. My scale isn't working and my new humidity and temp gauges will be here tomorrow. I just wanted to know how you guys think she looks. For extra reference if I'm holding her, about six inches down her body and starting at her head my fingers don't touch until her body slims near her tail. I would like to measure her, but she's not super friendly. You can see on her head she's recovering from a wound. I used to have her in a cage with a screen top, but she kept escaping, and tore off some of her scales. It's not infected and is mostly healed, but could that have any contribute?

Attached Files:

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

She looks fine for now, but getting those temps and humidity perfect is vital. Once you have them accurately measured, and can give us other details on conditions and possibly enclosure pics; we can start on working to figure out why she's not eating.

Darkbird likes this.
  3. SomeLizardsInABucket

Okay, so I got my gauges. Ambient humidity and air is at 70% and 80° respectfully. I haven't tried to feed her because she's shedding, but that's what I'm reading

4. SomeLizardsInABucket

I forgot to add that these are the measures after I put plastic wrap over the screen front

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

What are temps in hot and cold side?

6. SomeLizardsInABucket

So I got my scale fixed. I can't measure her but I know she's between three and four feet, she's just too nervous and i am not going to risk hurting her or others trying to see how long she is. When weighed, she's just under 4ibs, or in grams she's 1.550 kg