This Disappears When Logged In

Weighing in At....

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by mshrmheadcharge, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This brings back memories, lol

I kept her bassinet in our room, I found it more convenient for feeding and made me more comfortable too.

I think if I had my time back I would have kept her in her own room in her crib. Before she was a year old she would climb out of her crib and come into bed with us. I don't know how she did this, but she had a strong will.
    I was so scared that she was going to hurt herself so got a small bed for her so she didn't have such a high climb out.
    To make a long story short, she slept with us until she was 13, Yes 13 years old. I thought that I would never get her to sleep in her own bed. Finally she did go to her own bed, and now I miss it. Many nights I would wake up and there she was sleeping on the floor next to our bed.
    Hopefully you will find a way to get her to sleep in her own room.
    Its hard when they are eating every three hours for them to sleep in, they are kind of like baby bearded dragons eating and pooping machines. lol

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Wouldn't YOU!:p
    I never bought into that. When my kids were babies they would frequently sleep in bed with us. It made things so much simpler.

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Lol, if she is 13 and wants to sleep with daddy and I still at that point I would have to let her but figure out how get her to feel more secure and how to self comfort. It would be very frustrating though.
    Merlin lol, I cry at the thought of cold showers :p Nick ran out and got the wipe warmer and a thermometer earlier. She really isn't comfortable sleeping alone at this point and she does not need to be, she's only 5 days old...it is easier to have her sleep with me not only for her but for me, I can be sure she's still breathing and I can change her right away rather then waiting to do it when she cries to be fed( she still isn't crying when she poops/pees) It's a win win situation, we both get better sleep and this way we have more then enough bonding time. Sorry for the rant lol, it's something I have really been thinking alot about

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

They do make wipe warmers :D You plug them in and they keep them warm so no crying in the middle of the night. We used one the whole time they're awesome!

5. mld

Get out of here! Seriously, wow, now I want one:)

6. mshrmheadcharge

Yeahhh Michelle! Wait, you were being sarcastic when you said that? They are not too expensive and Aurora does not mind having her little butt cleaned now. She had her first dr appointment today, she has gained 3 ounces since coming home and we are going to see my Ear, Nose and Throat Dr on Monday, she is having problems Nursing because she has a minor "tongue tie" Other then that she is perfectly healthy and happy.
    I would go through all the preterm labor and bedrest again -- no doubt she is worth every second of it.

7. mld

I honestly never knew there was a wipe warmer out there!
    She gained 3 oz, thats great news! Best of luck at the ENT, hopefully they can do something to make nursing easier for her.

8. mshrmheadcharge

He will probably do a frenulotomy on her which should solve the problem