This Disappears When Logged In

We Knew It Was Inevitable...

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Dragoness, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

That is an amazing Gecko -- now that I can see it. (Thanks, Steve...)

I can't believe the camoflage he's got - that is amazing!

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Has it made any noises at you yet? That would be so funny!! I'd need to change my pants!:D;):eek:

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

no, he's been silent, but we have left him alone to settle in for the most part. He's a very curious creature, and will climb all over you if you take him out, and jump around.

5. skelegirl

skelegirl Member

What a neat looking gecko!

I'm jealous of the pacman! I *almost* picked up an albino pacman of my own this week, but decided that my husband would probably kill me...

6. bethany

bethany Elite Member

oh my goodness my bf and I stared at the pic looking for him and couldn't see him. When I finally "saw" him it scared me a little! What a neat looking guy. I refuse to play hide and seek with him though.

7. geckomommy

geckomommy Well-Known Member

So awesome... I have a crested and an albino pacman and they are great!

8. Beardie

Beardie Elite Member

I can't even see a branch! My computer isn't showing the picture:D:D:D:D That's what I meant!

9. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

LMAO, I was just yankin' your chain a little :p:p
    If you can't have a little fun with people once in a while what fun is there :p:p;)

10. Beardie

Beardie Elite Member

I know! That's what I love about this sight, there's alot of happy people! I'm a fun kinda guy! You'll figure that out once you get to know me a bit better :). I love yank'n peoples chains, too! :p

11. kiraturmc

kiraturmc Elite Member

DANG!!! I looked at that picture for 15 minutes before I could see the gecko! SO COOL!!!!! Wow... just amazing what mother nature can do. You MUST post more pics when you have time!! Love the pacman too... I have a herp show this weekend. We're so excited.... it's our first. LOVE YOUR NEW ADDITIONS!!!

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Sadly the pacman passed yesterday. The gecko is still holding up strong however.

13. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about the pacman. I didn't know. What happened?

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Not sure. didn't get a necropsy, but some of the symptoms were consistent with chytrid. Thing is, some of the symptoms are also consistent with being a pacman - those frogs don't move around much, and almost any disease a frog can get will have similar symptoms.

15. David McConley

Man, that's a real bummer. I hope you don't grieve for too long, he passed knowing that you loved him and wanted the best for him.

16. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yeah, I know I shouldn't let it drag me, but I'm reluctant to try amphibians again anytime soon - that was my first attempt.

17. David McConley

Yeah, I know how it is. I lost my tarantula about 6 years ago and am just now thinking about getting another one.

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

You're brave. Scorps I could do, but I doubt tarantulas re in my capacity...

19. David McConley

My wife actually got it for me and boy, was I surprised. I kept her for about 12 years( I am sure my husbandry was all wrong) and I was really amazed at how calm she was. I only handled her 4-5 times since I read that handling them could irritate them. Sadly, I didn't have a great forum like this one to turn to for husbandry and keeping tips.
    I also thought about trying my hand at keeping scorps( my sign is Scorpio) but I may wait until Sean(our son) is older. I am really intrigued by the Emperor scorps and a few others out there.

20. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Someone gave me an emperor once, that was in poor shape. It died two days later. They had been keeping it in a cardboard box under their bed, lots of crickets, and no water. The emperors are pretty neat, and their sting is comparable to a bee. No problem unless you have an allergy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.