This Disappears When Logged In

We Got Our Tomato!!

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by LovetheBaruu, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Learned a valuable lesson on the way home about over-heating and the best intentions of an 8 year-old. We have a 10 gallon, so I only purchased one guineti. He croaks already-less than the size of a quarter. I have a couple of live plants, a small uth, a soap dish with glass beads(to prevent drowning) for water, and I buried a teacup (with plants and bugs painted on it) 3/4 into the soil and lined the inside with moss. He seems to like the handle the best;). I used a mix of organic soil and eco earth for substrate. We named him Krim (like the heirloom tomato) Andapa (a town in Madagascar with a population that is nearly 50% children under 15 years of age; much like our home!). Please remind me that I am done adopting if I mention any additions!! There was a vendor with, what looked like, Surinam toads.

2. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

Would love to see some pictures!! How was the show??? Hated to miss it!!!

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on your Tomato!! Good luck and I can't wait until you post pics!!:)

4. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

Haha my tomato croaks all the time too :) You will see how fun they are to watch eat. I love mine ^_^

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Curious, what is the purpose of the teacup with the moss in it?

6. LovetheBaruu

Additional shade/hiding spot. He may never use it but, for now, he is so tiny that the tank seems huge. We bury pots 1/2 in the ground and build fairy houses from sticks for the toads and frogs that hang out in our flower beds- they use them- I borrowed the idea to see what would happen.

7. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Wow sounds tiny,lol. Of course we want to see some pics!:p

8. LovetheBaruu

He is sooo cute! I can't get photos yet; he is always hiding or covered in dirt. Why did it take me so long to realize that we could have geckos and frogs as pets?!

9. venus

venus Founding Member

Tomato's are so cute. Make sure to post pics soon!!

10. LovetheBaruu

How fast are these guys supposed to grow? He seems larger already. Last night was the first time he hopped around the enclosure. He buried himself and stayed in the same position for 2 days. I was dropping crickets near enough that they would walk right into his mouth- I guess there wasn't much incentive to move huh? I can't get a good photo- he is always dirty!

11. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

As long as he is eating, he will grow pretty fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.