This Disappears When Logged In

WD new enclosure... day early

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Ipanda, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please excuse the gold fish, my boyfriend thought it would be cute... But I didn't, SOOO They arn't in there anymore... anyone want 10 gold fish??
    The pictures dont do the enclosure much justice...

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Looking good! Lots of work but it's worth it in the end. Have you taken temperature readings for the basking site? I can't really see where it is.

3. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Good Job!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow looks awesome, did you take pics as you built it :)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

can you give him any more places to get up high? Like add some branches? They love to climb, which is why we say height is good. Its nice and high, but there is no point to height if you can't allow them to use it.

Otherwise looking great. what is the substrate in the bottom?

6. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

I didnt get pictures as it was built... The boys sent me out on errands for the day, and I came back and I had the frame, and walls all I did was throw up some vinal tiles, and seal the remaining wood... Then I got some awesome sticks, soaked them in bleach water, baked them and then sealed them... Then I used non toxic hot glue and glued all the silk plants to the sticks and screwed the sticks to the sides....

When I took the pics, he didnt have a basking spot, I waited a 2 hours after he was in, to see where he wanted to hang out... Then I put a lamp there.... (I had to do the same in his last enclosure, I like to arrange cages on the animals preference) I checked the cage every hour with an infared heat gun to make sure everything was just right... He moves from his basking spot to his cooler side, everything seems to be going pretty well...

This morning, however, he greeted me by using the rest room though the screen on his cage... (i didnt give him his morning attention in time) If wds could laugh im sure he did....

Im going out today, to find him more branches... Its going to look like a little jungle when im done... I used a mix of cypress and orchid bark for substrate.. I was pretty picky and got the larger bark peices so he is more unlikely to get impacted (just wasnt happy with eco earth)

And Im working hideing the cords better....

7. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

looks good

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

That look really great.
    Good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.