This Disappears When Logged In

Ways to Make Rock Ledges? Cwd Viv

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Nickysixx, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

So I want to make some basking ledges but I don't know how to attach them and or make them? Suggestions? Here's my current enclosure.

Attached Files:

2. safftaft

safftaft Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell anything from the pics provided. What size is the setup and what's it made of? Rock Ledges are somewhat complex from my understanding you can build a wood frame and then apply plaster over it. Water Dragon Enclosure - Plaster Application
    It's much easier to just build ledges and ramps from pieces of plywood or boards. You can also find artificial ledges that adhere to walls in pet stores.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

4. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Awesome thanks guys. He's in a 48x48x24 acrylic enclosure

5. safftaft

safftaft Well-Known Member

No prob. Do you have plans to get him a larger setup soon? That enclosure is way too small for a water dragon. They should be housed in a 55 gal or more even as juveniles. Mines in a 100 gal aquarium and it's still not enough space for him most of the time. I would try to get an adult sized enclosure before spending the time and money on the ledges.

Edit: I read the size of your enclosure wrong. That's a great size! Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  6. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Haha, no problem. As I started to read your post I started to scratch my head. I just upgraded from a 100G which was much easier to fill than this huge one. haha. I'm wondering if suction cups would hold the weight?

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

No the suction cups wont. Silicone should though or really strong magnets.

8. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Hmmm, I like the sound of magnets.. I just would have to see how well they stick through 1/4" acrylic.

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

They should do well enough. Look at a home improvement/tool store for them.

10. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Thanks! I'm going to make one out of silicone with two magnets that are in them with a side surfacing the magnet and then try that!