This Disappears When Logged In

Watt for Watt, Will a CHE Put Out the Same Heat As the Red Heat Bulbs?

Discussion in 'Heating' started by Geo7809, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

im asking this because im thinking of switching out my exo terra 100w heat glo for a CHE and i was wondering if the same wattage puts out the same heat or if one was hotter that the other.

2. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

As far as heat and basking goes you can use regular light bulbs to heat. Its all the same, I just got done testing out my 100W CHE in my Vivarium im building. It quickly brought the temp up about 5* from room temp inside of a 32x24x32 area that is not even sealed on the front yet. So they work very well IMO.

3. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

im going to be using it for 24hr heat so no light would be preferred.

4. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

It should work just fine. I only had mine running for maybe 15 min (just testing stuff right now) and I could feel warmth being Emitted a good foot and a half down from the CHE itself. I have it hooked to a Adjustable heat dial made by Zoo Med and it was probably just starting to get heated up on the "high" setting. And my Temp Gauge read 82* and climbing. Remind you this is in a unsealed enclosure for 15 min.

5. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

excellent, thanks

6. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

CHE's last way longer than bulbs. I have been running mine 24/7 for 2 years now!

7. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Great, thats a good deal!