This Disappears When Logged In

Watson didn't make it

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by KJ1081, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJ1081

KJ1081 Active Member

Hello all. I don't know if you remember, but about 2 months ago I rescued a baby leopard gecko with a badly broken hind leg. The leg was amputated, and Watson appeared to be recovering well. For the weeks post-op, he ate very well, was active, gained 8 grams, and seemed to be adjusting well to his new life as an amputee. That little guy sure could get around! He was quite the active little climber, always getting into everything. Sadly, this past weekend, my little guy's liver began to fail. We (my vet included), believe that the heavy surgical anesthetics, paired with weeks of heavy pain medication (he was on a morphine derivitive), were just too much for his little system. Saturday morning, he ate very well for me, and was extremely active. He was even beginning to shed again- it wouldn've been his 3rd since the smputation. That evening he had a grand mal seizure, and went neurologic. Over the next 3 hours, he became paralyzed, and there was nothing we could do for him. We put gave him fluids, kept him warm, put him on a liver supplement, and hoped for the best. That evening, my little Watson left this world. :( It broke my heart, even the vet was in tears. We all had such high hopes for the little guy, he seemed to be doing so well. It was all just too much for him...

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Re: Watson didn't make it...

Sure I remember the little guy. That's very sad. Luck guy to find you though doing all you could to help him.

3. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I am so sorry to hear this! Just remember he knew someone loved him, and you did everything possible! once again I am so sorry, I feel your pain!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

I so sorry for your loss.

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

**hugs**

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I am really sorry to hear of this. You did everything you could do as a responsible pet owner, and no one could possibly ask for more than that.

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss.

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

aw i'm sorry to hear that! at least you did what you could for him and he had people who cared for him.

9. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Sorry to hear about Watson! My prayers are with you!

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

(((((((((Hugs))))))))

11. KJ1081

KJ1081 Active Member

Thank you really, I apprecaite it. His ashes were returned yesterday...

12. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I'm so sorry. It's hard when you've worked so dilligently to save an animal and they still don't make it.

13. travisgecko...

travisgecko... Elite Member

oh its always hard to loose a pet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.