This Disappears When Logged In

Waterfalls

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Alby, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Alby

Alby Elite Member

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had feedback on the ZooMed Babbling brook waterfall system?

I've been using one of the exo-terra ones for my MHD (I don't really have time or the confidence to build my own), but I'm having a lot of problems with it. The pump is too powerful so water sprays out into the tank, causing flooding and microbial growth, and unit breeds bacteria like crazy. I have to clean it every day!

The ZooMed one looks neat, has a foam filter pad, and has an adjustable pump, which I like. However, it looks like my MHD would have no trouble making a horrid mess of it. Has anyone used this system before?

EDIT: SO the box says ZooMed, but I believe the Babbling Brook is actually a Conceptual Creations pet products item.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Not familiar with it and a search doesn't seem to give me anything.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

can you post up a link/photo of the item you are talking about?

4. Alby

Alby Elite Member

This is the one I was talking about.
    Conceptual Creations Pet Products Bubbling Brook Waterfall - Humidity Control - Reptile - PetSmart

I've learned now that this one also leaks. Not as badly as the Exo-terra one, but enough to be a nuisance. An even more concerning problem is that the pump makes very strange noises, almost like it is straining to function or is over-heating. I've since returned it and am making my own. Store-bought waterfalls apparently just aren't worth the hassle.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks like it had mixed reviews!

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Interesting product. However as the one review states their snake gets into it, is a problem with most retail waterfalls.
    Not to mention the cleaning aspect.

7. Alby

Alby Elite Member

I didn't find cleaning that one to be an issue. I did read the reviews before I got it, but thought I would ask some more experienced herp parents.

Its really quite entertaining how things work out. I replaced all the expensive store waterfall junk with a ziploc container, some natural aquarium pebbles for grip at the bottom, and a reptomin filter to make the water flow... and Norbert is as happy as a clam! He keeps running onto his vine, jumping onto the pool, then running back up and doing it all over again. I wish I had my camera! And only about $35 to set it up.