This Disappears When Logged In

water heater

Discussion in 'Heating' started by TheGreenMan, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan Elite Member

I have just recently set up a small pond in my cwd enclosure and was wondering if I should use a water heater. I figured this because I know they come from a warm climate and I thought that with a warm climate would come warmer water. Am I right?

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I keep my water dragons dish over the heating pad area of the cage....and with the day lighting..it keeps the water warm enough for her to bathe.....havent had issues ....water heaters would pose a hazard to the lizard if it broke...as most are made of glass for aquarium usage....good luck...

3. TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan Elite Member

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Jimmy it could work...kinda expensive....but I have never used one like that before....so I dont know HOW they work...or if they work well....anyone else use one of these?????

5. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

It looks like it is just a piece of plastic around a glass heater. I wouldn't put a heater in the tank (too much danger with a WD). I would either put a heat pad under that side or position the lights above it, either will help raise humidity as it will increase evaporation rates.

6. IGGYOWNER

IGGYOWNER Elite Member

I have lights over my ig's pool and it helps with heat and humidity, i also have a bubbler and a filter in there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.