This Disappears When Logged In

Warm Mist Vaporizor

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by tlh9162, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

My water dragon cage will be 6'x5'x2'. There are warm mist vaporizors at the Walmart that are used for human use when your sick. Can this be adapted to pump warm moist air into my viv? (It would be located outside to the viv to clean and refill and use pvc to pipe it inside)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It sure can. As long as the entry point for the steam is where the ig can't get close to it. That stuff comes out HOT!
    What some have done is to run the pvc up and over the top of the cage to vent the steam and let it fall into the cage.
    You also will need either a larger reservoir, some sort of feed into the reservoir or a timer to turn it on and off as the waater capacity, at least for the one that I have is only good for about 10-12 hours.

3. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

Even that amount of time would be awesome! Wouldn't have to worry about the water getting yucky if I fill it in the morning and then again at night. Thanks Merlin!

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I use a cool mist humidifier and just leave it in the cage, i didn't want to deal with the worries of burning my iggy.

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I use the same, Lacey. I have a three of them in the bedroom for the iggys in there and I run two in the living room. I used Merlins idea when Grizzly had stitches in his foot and could not get wet at all, so I used that in his cage instead of misting.

6. tlh9162

tlh9162 Elite Member

I take it then that there is no significant differeance on whether I use a warm moisture or a cool moisture?

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not really. It just depends on your circumstances. If you are having trouble keeping temps up than a cool mist will compound the problem while a warm mist will add to the warmth in the cage.
    It has also been my experience with cool mists that they don't last as long and they end up leaving a deposit of white dust on everything! Its the minerals in the water,... unless you use distilled water and that will get expensive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.