This Disappears When Logged In

War!

Discussion in 'Hog Island Boas' started by Allecto, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

This is Delphi, and she has recently informed me that she is interested in a power struggle.

Lol... she's refused her food two weeks in a row now. Not long enough to cause panic, but I think she's planning on being a brat and going on a hunger strike.

:rolleyes: (sigh) I guess I am over-due. It's been a while since one of my established snakes decided to give me some grief.

[​IMG]

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

She's a cutie,,,,,and one with ATTITUDE !!!! good luck, you'll need it.

3. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

She's all bluff. She puts on a big aggressive display until she clears the lid of her container, and then she gives up and just enjoys her roaming time.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Beautiful shot and beautiful snake....:D

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Awww

She is so cute! great picture! :D

6. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

I can't decide if she's saying, "Go ahead, make my day." or "Do you feel lucky... well, do you, Punk?" But there's definitely some attitude there... GREAT pic!

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

beautiful snake. lol looks like she's got some attitude while she's in there. :)

8. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

:D I played dirty and broke out the chicken broth, and 2 rats went down today. The skirmish is already over. Woohoo!!!!!

9. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

She's beautiful! Chicken broth? You can put chicken broth on feeders, and reluctant eaters will eat them? I've never heard that before....neat! :) I'll keep that in mind in case I have any trouble in the future.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes it is a trick frequently used with hatchlings that refuse to start feeding.

11. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Beautiful snake Allecto. Our male hogg often refuses food and has always been a fussy feeder, and went off food all last winter. Our female on the other hand is an eating machine!

Yeah, Julianne, last week we used tuna fish on our pinkies to coax some of the non-feeding corn hatchlings, worked straight away with 2 out of 8 babies woo hoo! - and these hatchlings were hatched in June and haven't eaten a single meal until now!

12. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

I need to try tuna fish on one of the creamsicle corn hatchlings I was given. Chicken broth didn't work on him.

Are you planning on breeding your pair, Bitis Gabonica? I'd love to get a male to go with Delphi, but she's still a few years away from breeding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.