This Disappears When Logged In

Wanting An Abronia...

Discussion in 'Alligator Lizards' started by CrazedHoosier, Aug 10, 2017.

1. CrazedHoosier

CrazedHoosier Member

Hello! Recently, I have gotten into the hobby of keeping reptiles. I have a 4 month old crested gecko, and a 2 month old leopard gecko. I love how easy they are to care for, and how entertaining they can be! I am actually looking for a 3rd lizard to be getting in the late fall/winter. My first and favorite lizard of interest is the abronia! They look like little dragons, and are within my preferred size range. However, the rest of the information I have on them is very vague. I read that a pair can be kept in a 30 gallon tall tank. I have no idea what heating they need, though. Are they even beginner lizards? Am I in over my head? Any information can help!

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

Hi. I have never kept Abronia, but I can tell you they are not beginner lizards. Here is a care sheet, of course do more research, as this is a starting point only.
    Arboreal Alligator Lizard (Abronia graminea)
    They aren't lizards for handling, they stress fairly easily unlike cresteds and leos.

3. CrazedHoosier

CrazedHoosier Member

Wow, thank you so much for this info. I guess I will forgo the decision. They're beautiful, but a lizard who can't be handled isn't really for me. I am also thinking about a gargoyle gecko, so I'll go get opinions and info about them! Thanks so much for the help!