This Disappears When Logged In

Waiting is Torture!!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Wyldrose, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So I messed up big time, booked the hubby's Dr appointments the day before the reptile show and it ended up getting pushed back a week (Darn you Com-con!!)
    So my big plan to pick up some fun new animals went down the drain. I had a cornsnake on hold, thankfully a local breeder was just at the summer show and brought him back for me. :)
    So now I still have money set aside for the show, so I found a breeder/importer with some pretty neat animals forsale. So I put down a deposit for his last Taiwanese beauty snake(It's unsexed, so I hope it's a female) and a female blood python. I'll be picked them both up end of last month! I can't wait to see them!!! He imports a lot of animals, frogs, geckos etc. I might grab a pacman frog off him too, they are so funny to watch!

So now I have to wait and wait until Sept 28 to pick them up!!

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You poor thing! How will you survive?

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

You're a lucky woman Susan! Congrats on the new guys and hope to see some pics at the end of the month! :)

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

And because 2 isn't enough right? I have this 2012 female spider on hold for me ;)
    spider1.jpg
    Butter bee's!!! Exciting! I didn't want a spider at first then I looked up other things to mix with my butter and found this: Butter Bee - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons

Attached Files:

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Your starting to show signs of a case of BPA: Ball Python Addiction. Symptoms include being a registered user on multiple reptile/BP site, spending hours playing with the morph calculator on WOBP, and acquiring ball pythons that you don't need but really really want. Since there is no known effective treatment for this affliction , I congratulate you on you new additions. From a fellow sufferer, 27 and counting.;)

6. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Looks like I'm not the only one with new additions!! Congrats Susan, I am looking forward to seeing your new family members, especially the beauty snake and the blood..That spider looks amazing, sounds to me that you are on the path to creating some nice looking ball pythons. So how are the ghosts projects doing?

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Ghost project is looking good so far! Sass is 852grams(700 grams in 9 months these things grow like crazy when they like to eat lol!) so next year she'll be good to go :) Now the fun part is do I breed her to Ecko the ghost or if the butter proves het for hypo(his breeder bred him to a ghost and when the eggs hatch he will let me know if he is het)... With Ecko each egg will have a 50/50 chance at being a ghost(Sass is het). With Czar each egg has a 25% chance at being hypo, normal, butter or hypo butter. I'll wait for the eggs Czar sired to decide!

I can't wait to go pick them up :) The blood is exciting, on the Edmonton forum someone got her brother and he is very docile and nice. So that is a bonus! Might have to find her a boy friend! Or maybe try for some black ball python hybrids. I know a lot of people are against hybrids, if you could get the temperament of the ball python with the patterns of the blood it would be a win right?

8. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Is that 27 REPTILES or 27 Ball Pythons??? I only ask because we got a baby Jungle Carpet Python and a Baby Ball Python on Saturday. The Carpet is for my husband and my son quickly claimed the baby Ball. I still want a Bearded Dragon and some Geckos, but hubby thinks that 3 pythons is plenty. Could you all talk to my husband and stress the importance of feeding this addiction... since there is no known effective treatment?:p

Susan, I can't wait to see your new additions!!

9. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

That is 27 balls. I also have 2 large boas, a blood python and a tangerine albino Honduran milksnake. 5 ackie monitors , a bearded dragon and a uromastyx, a leopard and a crested gecko, a sulcata tortoise, and a yellow belly turtle. Then there's the more, what some might call "normal ", critters. 5 dogs, 2 cats, a few goldfish, an Oscar, and a sulfur cockatoo. To those who ask I say " Why yes I do have a small zoo, thank you very much.". The ball pythons and Ackie monitors are for breeding projects, or I wouldn't have so many. The dogs are just cause I'm nuts. The bird is kinda a rescue, as she ended up with behavioral issues from a previous owner. That's OK though, she's just as nuts as my family so she fits in well.
    Now as for the husband, you simply need explain that there's not much more work involved keeping a dozen bps than there is keeping a couple. A good racking setup makes it compact and easy to maintain, frozen feeders can be bought in bulk, and with those suffering from this affliction,
    failure to at least minimally feed the addiction can result in depression, mood swings, an uncontrollable desire to sneak off to expos, whining and so on.

Edit: forgot to list the breeder rats and ASFs, kept only because it's even cheaper than buying frozen,.

10. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Whoa, Darkbird!! You really do have a small zoo!!!

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I need to start "breeding projects" apparently that justifies having an insane number of pets...just imagine I could have 27 CWD's! Every wall in a 2story house would need to be a tank!

12. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

hilarious!

13. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Shhhh!!!!!! Your gonna blow my cover!

14. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Hey I'm thinking about knocking out half the wall that separates the living room from the kitchen and putting in custom glass enclosures. Then my babies can be enjoyed from either the living room or the kitchen!!

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

When I win the lottery I'm building Thala a house with walls made out of water dragon vivs :)

20 days to go!

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Wow! You would be my favorite person!!!

17. Sarandacotah

Sarandacotah Well-Known Member

a heavenly zoo...

18. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

9 more days! The excitement is building! I am picking up the spider on the Friday and the other 2 on Saturday. There are so many others I'd love to pick up, I need to stop browsing the classifieds!! I need to order rats next month so I better be good and not go too crazy.

19. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I know the feeling! I have 3 different geckos coming that I put down deposits for in August. They're supposed to be shipped to me this week! Reptiles Canada and a BC breeder who is quickly becoming a huge enabler did me in. ;)

Be sure you post pics! The snakes you have coming are gorgeous species! :)

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It's so exciting getting new animals :) Going to make my sister inlaw drive us around Edmonton! Clairmont, the hamlet where I live has 3,000 people. So just over a million population is kind of insane when the city you go to every day is 55,000.
    There will be pictures :) I'm picking up a Mexican black kingsnake and pueblan milksnake for a friend too!