This Disappears When Logged In

Viv Pics

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by B4WD, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B4WD

B4WD Active Member

Here's the third viv we have made since having them ,
    the first was just a tank 5' by 1' by 18" and the four lived quite happily in this for a few months then we built a 4' high by 5' long by 1' wide wooden cabinet on top.
    this is the final stage of this build same cabinet as before but 2' wide and a wooden planter put in the back to fill the gap , 2 glass sliding doors and glass door roof.
    lighting is ;
    75w red light
    rep 5.0 uv tube
    75w ceramic light

water circulation;
    1 pond pump 1500 litres /p/h
    pond filter 9000 with uv
    2 fish tank heaters 300w inside filter box and a 100w in the tank

temp in viv;
    daytime ;
    bottom 80 - top 95
    night ;
    bottom 75 -top 85

humidity is 60% min and sprayed twice a day

pic 1 top left of viv showing ceramic bulb and uv tube ( ceramic bulb has been left with no guard on purpose as the only guard avaliable are metal and will provide a hot perch for them to sit on , but leaving it bare means they just slip of if they try to rest on it.

pic 2 front view of cage with real tree branches
    pic 3 bottom right of viv showing filter inlet going back into tank
    pic 4 view of tank under the wooden cabinet ( idea from trica's )
    pic 5 bottom right view showing tank and wooden planter
    pic 6 left side of fish tank with an island and water return above ( the reason for the island was if you give just one entre / exit they will not go in the water to swim but if you give them somewhere to swim to they use the water.
    pic 7 another picture of the front
    pic 8 filter setup - water taken from right side of cage an returned to the left ( we had an external fish tank filter on before but it clogged up to quickly with the skin )
    we'll be making there final home this year a 10' long by 3' wide by 7' tall and will post pics when in construction.

Attached Files:

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

nice setups. I think my next viv is going to be for firebelly toads. I'll do half land half water with a small river. I have a 30 gallon that isn't being used right now.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Cool set up, but how do they get in and out of the water,,little steps :)...sorry I got a visual of them climbing the steps with little towels flung over their shoulders :p

4. B4WD

B4WD Active Member

In Picture Number 5 You Will See A Large Log Which Goes Down Into The Water, How Ever They Jump In And Out More Oven Then They Use The Log, We Have Found That So Far They Can Jump Up To 2ft High And Will Trop Down 4ft With No Probs, Which Scares The **** Out Of Me, Im Always Affraid That They Will Hurt Themselfs

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice setup. Yes please document your new enclosure building. Pictures are awesome for tutorials.

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Looks awesome !!!!

7. The D

The D Mango Empress

looks great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.