This Disappears When Logged In

Visual Barriers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jsilverback64, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Hello everyone. This is just general asking and I've always tried to think of what I can use. Maybe someone here has an idea. Looking for ideas that I could wrap my Viv in something that I could see in but my herps can't see ou . But something that won't cause a mirror reflection towards my herps as that would stress them out thinking some strange lizard is looking back at them.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I'm not aware of anything that will do what you want without being reflective one way or the other. I always just use brown paper or something and give the animal plenty of cover inside the cage. In fact, I have one cage right now that looks like a large case of mountain dew, because I had to set it up for a new wild caught monitor, and I wanted to minimize stress. Cut up several packages, and used the plain brown interior of the cardboard to cover the sides and back of said cage. Along with a slightly cluttered interior, this allowed the little thing to get comfortable, at least when I wasn't poking my big head in at it, lol.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not sure what's all available. I agree without being reflective it's going to be tough. There are products that are mirror on one side and see through glass on the other, not sure if you can get dark tint instead of the mirror side.
    What you could do is close it off and put wi-fi or webcams inside for viewing. I've done that to keep an eye on egg-laying when away at work.

4. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

That's not a bad idea. Any tint will cause reflecruins. I've worked with all types. Not to mention it sticks inside and weven herplease keepers acanthus have that.