This Disappears When Logged In

Viper Boa Shed

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by missabrat, Aug 6, 2010.

1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Hi all, I have had Borris a male Viper boa(Candoia aspera aspera) since January 2010, about a month ago he became very nasty, striking at everything that moved. I keep him well fed, so I knew that wasn't a problem, I thought possibly breeding season..but when I was able to get a closer look at him, without being attacked, I found his eyes had gone blue...he was getting ready to shed..he never went off food during the entire process, ate voraciously every week..it took him forever to go through the process, but he is finally done, since he decided to shed in his moist hide, the shed was ruined, but I now have a happy little guy, he does not try to eat me every time I go into his enclosure LOL In the pictures he is eating some pinkie rats that I thawed for another animal who decided she wasn't hungry, I knew Borris would never turn down a meal LOL

Attached Files:

• 067.jpg
      067.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
    • 068.jpg
      068.jpg
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

wow, he is beautirul! :)

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad Borris is back to his normal self. Shedding must be a difficult process for them, glad he finished his shed. Thanks for the pictures, he's beautiful!

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

He is a very handsome snake! I am interested in reading up on these guys - any good sites?

5. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

here is one : Candoia.s5.com Home
    he is an amazing little guy, though rarely seen except for feeding, he tends to spend alot of time buried under his moss and tree bark.

6. ChrisS

ChrisS Elite Member

He looks really great and i'm glad he's out of his shed!

7. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thank you, I am thinking of taking a day and doing photo shoots out doors, everyone has been fed, so they should all behave LOL

8. drangel86

drangel86 Member

am thinking about getting a viper boa myself any advise on them?