This Disappears When Logged In

Viper Boa Dull Colors.

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Creepshow, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

it is a miracle!!! ok, I knew that the colors will change after the shedding but this?! it was just WOW! look at these colors!
    P.S. to compare - there are pictures of her before she shed in the beginning of this thread... :)

Attached Files:

2. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

So shed it was then? Very pretty snake!! I might have to get one soon.

3. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

yep, I guess it was just nothing but old skin that gave her that brown dirty look... :D
    if you get one, keep in mind that most of them are aggressive.. mine's just downright nasty... lol

4. ksksnakes

ksksnakes New Member

Creepshow, I see that this post was from a while ago, how did it turn out? We have a viper boa as well, looks almost exactly the same size as yours at the time of those pictures, anyway the exact same thing is happening to her. We took her mud dish away weeks ago and there's been no change, still dark scales that stick up off her back. Our reptile supplier said this happens to viper boas, and just wait till she sheds. But as you know they don't shed very often and I hate to wait! Did his/her scales return to normal after the next shed?

5. ksksnakes

ksksnakes New Member

and now I see that you've already answered that...excuse my ignorance, just getting used the the way the threads are organized on this site!

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I have a male, he is a wonderful temperment, not a bit of nastiness to him, my friend also has a female at the rescue, who is just as nice as can be.

7. Tattoo14

Tattoo14 New Member

I know this is my first post, AND I am bringing up an old thread, but I found this most useful! I joined the site in order to see the pictures, just bought a viper boa today from a local pet store after feeling bad for it. :)
    It looked like it had a skin problem, thought possible a fungal infection or even just a few retained skins. The employees at the store new nothing about the snake other than it had been there a year and looked that way from time to time. MY wife and I felt bad for it, so we grabbed all the supplies he would need and brought him home. Couldnt find any info online about his skin problem, and finally after clicking on who knows how many links ended up here. Feel so relieved that he should be fine! ill post some pics of him some time! Thanks!

8. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Good luck with your new guy/girl (males have spurs by the cloaca females do not) cannot wait to see pics!

9. Tattoo14

Tattoo14 New Member

Poor little guy came down with a small RI as well :( took him to the vet and im giving him a series of antibiotic injections for the next few weeks. I didnt wanna chance it, he was in such bad shape already, i have to do everything i can for him. ill get some pics soon i promise!