This Disappears When Logged In

Vietnamese Centipede

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by MiamiE, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiE

MiamiE Active Member

any owners have any info? housing, care, food! im looking into possibly purchasing one of these or a scorpion. see the other thread for scoprion info! only thing ive heard about centipedes is that theyre some MEAN SOB's! is this the truth? will they attack humans? :eek:

2. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

http://www.radpets.net/html/vietnamese_centipede.html

From what I hear most centipedes are very aggressive and have painful bites. Arachnoboards.com is probably a great place to get some info on mainly arachnids and such bugs. Due to they are mainly bugs and very active. I have also seen some pretty disgusting pics of centpedes devouring roaches and PINKIES! It's quite a gross bloody, gutsy looking mess.

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

We own a Vietnamese centipede (Scolopendra Subspinpes) - it is a very venomous species, and apparently quite aggressive and extremely fast :p Right now it is only a couple of inches in length, CB May 04, but will grow much larger. At the moment it is kept in a cricket tub, on soil, which we mist with water every few days, kept at room temp. We feed it once a week, at the moment on 2nd instar crickets, (although silly me fed it a 4th instar last night, but it managed it just fine :D ). Joe brought it home the other day, after our friend gave him it, and I was very impressed but it is a beautiful creature I have to admit - midnight blue body and bright red legs. :)

4. MiamiE

MiamiE Active Member

i think ill stick to my scorpion. all i need now is to be attacked by a centipede.

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, unlike some scorps, Ts, millipedes, mantids, and other bugs, centipedes can be really hard to handle cause theyr'e extremely quick and yes, they will bite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.