This Disappears When Logged In

Victor Has Died

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Josh, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

This is Victor. He was acquired from a friend who treated him very poorly, hence the glass enclosure. He died over night. When I woke up, he was on the bottom of his cage dead.

[​IMG]

2. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Re: Victor Has Died ??!!

Beautiful specimen. Too bad he has gone by the wayside.

3. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats too bad! He was a beautiful animal!

5. Josh

Josh Elite Member

thank you i had him a while and he seemed to be doing fine he started putting wait and became very alert about everything but i just dont know what went wrong his temps and humidity were right on he was getting calcium supplements and vitamin supplements every week but now I like to think he is in a better place

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Sometimes its just too late. You did your best and gave him a good home in the end.

7. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I am sorry to hear that! A while ago I spent some time on the phone with a great person who was trying his best to help me with one that I had in here. In this conversation with Bob, I learned that once chameleons have had severe dehydration it is really hard for their kidneys to recover from that. They usually will live another six months or so. I had the same problem with the one in here. He died 3 months later, under vet care. The vet confirmed the same thing, severe dehydration led to severe kidney damage that he was unable to recover from.

Again, I am very sorry to hear of your loss!

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Sorry for your loss :(
    He was beautiful!

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Sorry to hear about that. But at least you did the best that you could for him while he was in your care.

10. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Sorry for your loss!
    I'm sure he passed knowing he was loved.

11. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Chameleons go down hill rather quickly once their on their way. I'm sure it was nothing you did, most likely poor state of heath and then the stress the move was too much for him.

12. caiterlain

caiterlain Elite Member

So sad! He had beautiful colors.

13. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I'll echo everyone here in saying that hopefully you can get some comfort in knowing you did your best and gave him love and attention in the end.

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

You did everything you could, and you can be sure that if nothing else, at least you made his last days better for him so he didn't suffer until the end.

15. danomite7

danomite7 Banned User

At least you tried to keep him alive I am so sorry to hear that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.