This Disappears When Logged In

VET VISIT!, Enrofloxacin Suspension?

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by atone2308, Apr 4, 2013.

1. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

so i went to the vet and they said emmy(my emerald) didn't seem to have anything wrong. they opened her mouth and they said everything looked fine and i told them but i hear her weezing and popping once in awhile while breathing. he said it must be really really early in the R.I(if there is one) so he got her on enrofloxacin suspension 10mg/ml. she has to take it 1 time a day for four weeks 0.04cc at a time. just wondering if this is what others here have been given when snake visited the vet for an R.I... thanks guys!

2. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Its a commonly used antibiotic in reptiles. Follow your vets instructions. If you don't trust said vet, get a second opinion .

3. atone2308

ok kool, all i wanted to know is if that drug was common.. thanks alot:)

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

That's good it was caught early. RI can be scary esp with little babies.

5. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Your welcome. Good luck.

6. atone2308

yea it had me soo worried man i liked to died haveing to leave for work for 2days in a row knowing i was waiting for thursday for vet visit..lol

i mean leave and come home each day not leave for 2 days at a time.. wanted to clear that up..lol

7. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

No doubt. Luckily my mother lives across the street, she goes over when I'm at work (worked 55 hours just this week) to check on mine if I want her too. *she's came a long way from me beginning my hobby*).

8. RomanLA

RomanLA Elite Member

I'm glad you caught it early. I definitely understand the working thing. I've been working 72 and 84 hours a week and it's hard to keep up with my pet's needs. I'll just throw this stuff out there for anyone that runs across this thread in the future.

I know people that swear by this stuff. I've been giving it as a preventative once a month.
    Reptaid

I don't mind paying a vet, but I also know people that get their own stuff here.
    Beautiful Dragons

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I am skeptical about that reptaid, may I ask what you are trying to prevent using this?

10. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

I also am skeptical. This is all anecdotal as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see some research.

11. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

There are far too many products that are sold that either do nothing, or worse cause harm. I am very careful about what I give to my animals. You should be too.

12. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I've never heard of anyone using this before. Is there any research out there for it?

13. atone2308

you talking about Enrofloxacin Suspension or something else joey?

14. JoeyG

Sorry meant the reptaid thing quoted before. Vets clearly know more then I do

15. RomanLA

RomanLA Elite Member

I saw Reptaid used and recommended by a lot of people on another site, so I picked up a bottle. I just ran across this thread with a 30 page discussion about it. Apparently, one of the distributors of Reptaid is also the owner of Chameleons Northwest and Geckos Northwest and they use it exclusively for parasites, mouth rot, eye infections, respiratory infections, and loss of appetite. There's someone on page one that has a beardie with coccydia and pinworms and on page twelve it is parasite free. I guess it's one of those things that you gotta do your own research and decide if it's worth a try or not.
    Reptaid Discussion

16. JoeyG

Hmm, interesting

17. atone2308

wow, im going to have to look into that.....do you have to get it from a vet or just at normal pet store?

18. atone2308

oh ok cool just makin sure joey, had me a little scared then, thinking ok time to stop my snake from taking this...lol also joey i tried to feed her last night i could tell she really wanted it but she couldn't open her mouth all the way or something. she would bite down on it but not strike at it. then i stopped and i noticed her opening her mouth all the way open she still has some dry skin on the head back of neck so maybe that is keeping her from striking not sure, or do you think its the R.I? i don't notice her wheezing or popping noise when breathing anymore but could she still have it in her system or what you think man?

19. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I would wait a week to try and feed her again. What is your humidity at?

20. atone2308

yea im going to wait at least that to try agian, i have her in a temporary cage now with 1 branch and water on the bottom humid works itself its at 88-90% normally day(from what i saw yesterday and today, but at night it drops on its own to about 80-82%. heat daytime is about 83-85(85 being MAX that i saw and night about 78-80...