This Disappears When Logged In

Vet Schools

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by schmidt1894, Oct 3, 2012.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Does anybody know of a good Vet school in Texas? I'm considering to go into that field... and wondering what school would be a good school for my education.

I don't have to pay for my tutition part.. because i'm deaf, and i'm going to be getting DARS paying for it

any info would be greatly appreiatced.

P.s. i also want to go into herpeotology.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Why not be a zoo vet?

3. justor

justor Elite Member

I don't know about any in Texas, but my friends sister is going to vet school in Iowa and I guess it's supposed to be one of the best schools in the country.

4. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

actually... the best is in colorado:) but i need to stay in state because i dont have to pay for my tutiton then!:)

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

6. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

To my knowledge, Texas A&M is ranked 6 or 7th in the country for their veterinary program, but I think University of Texas offers a herpetology program. You will need to verify that, but I remember reading that whiling doing my college research.

Also, look into national hearing impaired scholarships. I qualified for several that had the only restriction of schools that offered hearing impaired specific programs (such as online courses and sign language classes), which is most major universities and tech schools. There is also a hearing impaired specific vet scholarship that would be worth looking into. :D

7. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

yupp! thats where im looking into! and yes they do have a herpetology program! i'm DEFINTALY taking it. :) even if i dont get anything outta it like a certificate or anything... ima take it for my own good:)

and really? could you help me out and show me where some hearing impaired specific vet scholarships are? that'd be amazing!:)

and i didnt know you were hearing impaired! well thats awsome! somebody else around here like me!:)

8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I was born deaf and have had over 30 surgeries to correct it. I should have a hearing aid for my right ear, but refuse it for the sake of retaining my selective hearing abilities and the hearing aid's lack of style... lol :p Anyways, who needs more than one ear?!?!

As for scholarships, the public library should have a book with every known scholarship listed in it by disability and by career path for your state and country wide. I also looked into specific schools to see what they might be willing to offer scholarship wise and even pet product companies, such as Kong or Purina. The American Kennel Club will also be a consideration. Even though they are a foundation for dogs, they have wonderful scholarship opportunities for anyone wanting to go into veterinary medicine.